The University has released new information for undergraduates about move-in for the spring semester and arrival quarantine procedures, and has provided updates regarding housing, dining and other campus services and activities this spring.
Much of the updated information on the Spring 2021 website and Princeton COVID Resources website addresses outstanding questions posed by students and parents during virtual Town Halls earlier this month.
To help students and families identify new or updated FAQs, a timestamp feature has been added to answers on the Spring 2021 website. Some of the recent updates for undergraduates include:
- Consistent with both CDC recommendations and guidance from the New Jersey Department of Health, the University has developed a phased protocol for arrival quarantine for undergraduates for spring semester 2021.
- The Princeton COVID Resources website outlines who is required to participate in the arrival quarantine, by when they must move in to begin the arrival quarantine protocol, and what the arrival quarantine experience will look like.
- January 24 is the deadline for undergraduates to arrive on campus as well as for off-campus students to arrive at their off-campus residences and begin arrival quarantine.
- Move-in will be from Saturday, January 16 through Sunday, January 24.
- The move-in sign up website is now available. Students should sign up for a move-in date and time beginning Friday, December 11. Students are expected to arrive on campus during their self-selected date and time.
In addition to information about move-in and arrival quarantine, the Spring 2021 website includes the following updates:
- For students who are not currently enrolled in the Student Health Plan but are returning to campus, it is possible to enroll in the plan for a January or February start date.
- If students are feeling symptoms that might be related to COVID, they can call UHS to set up an appointment with a provider and to be tested. On-campus care for students who are sick will depend on their symptoms.
- Student organizations and performance-based extracurriculars will be permitted to meet virtually, as they were in fall 2020. All student activities must be hosted virtually at this time.
- For each meal, rotating menu with limited offerings will be served. The same menus will be available across all of the residential dining halls. There will be no self-service.
To read all of the updated information, please visit the undergraduate and families FAQ page of the Spring 2021 website and continue to consult the website for new information as it becomes available.